A few weeks ago I was out to lunch with a couple friends, Rebecca and Jen. Rebecca told us that she had asked her children an important question. I couldn't wait to ask my littles the same and hear what they would say. I want to keep their answers to myself, but I'll share the question:
"What is one thing I do, that tells you or makes you feel like I love you?"
Their responses were unique to each child and hearing what they had to say was special. I absolutely recommend asking your littles the same question. You'll loooove hearing their answers and feel empowered knowing how (at any given moment) to inject a little love into each of their hearts.
On the flip side of love here's a different question: May May and I were driving in the Nav when she said, "I'm so grateful that you're my mom. Ya wanna know why? Cuz [so-and-so's] mom FREAKED OUT when she got an 80 on her math test! I mean you would never get mad at me over an 80."
"Huh. So what kind of things do I get mad at??"
(Bracing myself for the answer...)
"Talking to you when you're 'done,' and not cleaning up right." ["Done" means that I've signed off for the night and it's way after the kids bedtime. I want to defend myself here, but I'll let it go.]
Later I asked Baden the same question. His answer: "When we talk back to you and when we're not looking at you and you think we're not listening, but we are."
And here's Kitty's answer: "When I tell a lie. And when I kiss Powers."
Time for reflection: Sounds like I'm staying on message with Baden and Kitty (The Kissing Bandit), but ouch, no likey May May's answers. I've got some work to do....

1 comment:
Wow! That's a great question to ask your kids. To be honest, I'm scared to ask my kids that question because I've been throwing my emotional temper tantrums lately. I've been stressed out from all the "stuff" that moms have to do. So I haven't been too lovie dovie lately. But I'll ask them anyway.....
Post a Comment