Now I'm sure that I've bored you all to death and convinced you that the fun never starts at the Chinn House! Well call me crazy, but we've enjoyed these themes so much that I decided to have a Family Theme for the school year. I know, a laugh a minute.
I told the kids we were going to do this and that I would announce the new Family Theme soon. For two weeks they threw out theories, but no one guessed . . .
I wrote a personal letter to each Little Chinn.
We talked about what it means to Be Responsible and then on a big white board we wrote down lots of things that are our responsibility.
We ended with yummie dessert and - you guessed it - a Responsibility Game.
Wish us luck!

4 comments:
i had no idea you all did that, what a neat, different thing to do. love the whole fun table...i think our theme should be no whining!
Our theme should be obey Mom no matter what after her first and only request without waiting, talking, manipulating or discussing. :) Am I bitter?
I LOVE your responsible plan. and what a cute way to get everyone excited about it. What a great Mom you are to go to all this effort, thought and planning. I LOVE it, such an example to me. Now I have to go and be as cool as you....sigh...the expecations!
Can you say over-achiever? I'm actually really jealous, though. We discuss and often yell about the lack of resposibility at our house. What a better way to do it!
That was fantastic! Now that my kids are all grown up I am discovering all these great family activities to do. No fair! :(
Post a Comment