So with my To Do List growing faster than I can cross things off (and I'm one of those Love-To-Cross-It-Off people!) it's crucial that I find the humor in things. So I thought I'd share some Chinn Funnies and hope you'll share some of yours too. Here goes:
- I was wearing socks around the house the other day and Kat said she wanted some too. So she put on the most frilly socks she could find. Within the first 30 minutes she slipped and fell on the hardwood floor twice hurting her bum. She was frustrated after the second time, so I explained that her socks were slippery and then I put on a pair with the no skid stuff on the bottom. A little while later I went to throw something away and I saw her frilly socks in the trash. I totally thought it was funny that she threw them away!
- The kids ate toaster waffles for breakfast one morning. We always eat at the table. Well, May and Baden were done and packing up to catch the bus when I see Kat (who loves to walk them to the bus stop) standing by the backdoor holding her plate of waffles in one hand and fork lifting for a bite in the other. Me: "Kat darling, we eat at the table. What are you thinking?" (Rhetorical Question.) Kat, with big innocent eyes and sweet girly voice, "I thinking I eat it at the bus." She got me with the "I thinking," and if she's going to be that cute then she can do whatever she wants!
- May: "Will you babysit Bitty Baby for me?" Baden: "Can she watch tv?"
- Kat is the queen of "why???????" So I thought I'd mess with her when she said, "I made a big mess." Naturally I responded, "Why?" She came back with, "Never mind, Mom. K? Never mind."
- I was reading in my room one evening when Baden walked in and said, "Yeah Mom?" I just looked at him. "Mom, did you want me?" "No Sweetie. I didn't call you." He sighed and walked out. From the other room I heard, "MAAAAYY!" And then the sound of hysterical laughter coming from my oldest. I laughed, too.
- May was having trouble falling asleep the other night, so Bill suggested she do something boring like count sheep. She said that it's not boring when she counts sheep because her sheep wear silly hats and different clothes. (Huh. Who does that??)
- While I read the scriptures to the kids this morning Baden was lying down with a blanket pulled over his head. I was reading a story about a group of people that were able to choose their own judges and how they rejoiced because of the liberty they had been granted. To make sure Baden was awake I asked him what example he could give me of voting in our lives. May of course is bursting to say the (Presidential) answer, when Baden throws the blanket off and yells, "American Idol!!" May and I cracked up!
- Last one. May, Baden, and Kat have all had the same preschool teacher, Ms. Laura. When I picked Kat up the other day she told me that Kat couldn't wear jewelry or headbands to school anymore because they're too distracting. That made sense. I know how my little girl is. After our talk she said, "Wow Amy, you're a lot easier to talk to with your third child!" Okay.
Well, that's a bit of the silliness from my crazy life. What's going on in yours??
Luvs!

1 comment:
holy cow those are GREAT stories! The Chinn family never disapoints! I'm with you, summer is my kind of schedule:)
Post a Comment