Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Chinn & Chang Effect





Last week we had the wonderful opportunity to spend 4 days with one of the coolest families we know! Bill and Ujin have been friends since they were kids. I met Ujin when he was engaged to Suji and then again at their wedding. The four of us used to hang out when we all lived in Chicago and then again when we lived in the Bay Area at the same time. We had not spent so much time together in years, so it was fantastic to reconnect again. They are both incredibly intelligent and well rounded, yet so down to earth and accepting. I just love that.



These are their darling boys! They are the cutest, sweetest, little guys you've ever seen. I wanted to pick them up and hold them the whole time they were here, but held back most of the time so as to not scare them away. May May on the other hand had a total "in" with the boys. She LOVED them! They responded well to her doting on them and she had the time of her life. Baden enjoyed them, too. Often May would play with one of the twins and Baden would play with the other. That way they felt they were being fair with each other and not hogging all the twins attention. It was really cute.







Meal time was always fun. How cute are they??



Bill was very proud of himself for getting Little Chang (names muted to protect the innocent!) to sleep. One night he and Ujin raced to see who could get their Little Chang to sleep first. Ujin won, but Bill made a great showing!



We took some really cute pictures of all the kids together on this couch, but the red eye was ridiculous and when I tried to take it out some of the kids looked a little alien like. Baden's the only real alien eyed one in this picture, so I decided to go ahead and post it. Notice how May and Baden each have one of the twins?




It was terrific getting our families together. The Chinn kids think of the twins as little cousins and I couldn't be more pleased. And Ujin and Suji were great role models as parents and we hope to borrow a few of their parenting attributes. Thanks for coming guys, we love you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! I just had a chance to peruse your blog. Bill gave me the web address. I hope you don't mind. Your blog looks like so much fun. I can't believe how big the kids are now. They all look extremely beautiful and handsome. You must be so proud. You, Bill, and I have to get together for dinner the next time I'm in Grapevine. Genuinely, John Deegan.

Amy C said...

John! So happy you visited my blog! I sure do miss seeing you guys. Bill told me that Sue owns a quilting store. So exciting! I made a quilt once! Okay once, but I loved it! Let's for sure get together for dinner when you're in town. See you soon...

Anonymous said...

The play on names reminds me of my lab partner in school...Marcus Ou. So there we were, Joe Awe and Marcus Ou...ooh and awe. =)

Melanie said...

what a fun and cute family, so glad you guys had so much fun!

Sharlene Enloe said...

Those kids look so cute. Too bad Kat is not a twin so Baden and May could each have one. You must be out of town, because you haven't posted in a week. Is this the reunion in England?