Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Amalfi Coast

I had lunch with my friends Jen and Claire today and while there Jen told me that I didn't post enough vacation pictures. I must apologize for being misleading. My last posting only included shots from Rome, which is the first city we visited. Rest assurd, I plan on posting way too many pictures and draging out my vacation stories for days to come. Jen called it a Series, which sounds much less torturing than in reality. So I think I'll go with that. I feel less obnoxious.



Here's Gabby at one of the stops we made while driving on the Amalfi Coast. The views are stunning! We had to drive on very narrow roads, though, next to extremely precarious cliffs. It was sometimes difficult to enjoy the beautiful views for fear of plunging to our deaths.



So why did I include this horrible picture of myself?? Well please look past me at the family behind us. On the surface they're a nice pleasant family. Two parents, two teenagers. Well Gabby noticed that the quiet teenage boy had taken bread sticks (that look like really long chop sticks) and broken them up and rammed them through his bread roll. Then after the waiter took it away the boy started stabbing his new bread roll with his fork. He was probably thinking, "I love vacationing with my family..."



Me. And then Hello - look at these views...







The boys look like their having an undercover meeting. Very James Bond.




Sofia Loren has a house somewhere down there.


5 comments:

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Love the pictures! You look hot in the last one, with your new hubby.

P.S. I'll be done with spin tomorrow at 9;45, do you wanna go to steam room?? Email me and let me know/

JenJ said...

OK, very fun. Loving the series!! What a great trip!

Melanie said...

okay I am cracking up at the James Bond looking picture! it so looks like every scene from alias I have ever seen! It's like Vaughn with his informant! Those pictures are so beautiful no matter how many times you see them. keep them coming!

Sharlene Enloe said...

i'm so jealous. it looks like so much fun! You look gorgeous, by the way. So fun that Gabby could go too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos...post lots & lots more!!! For those of us who never vacation & never will vacation, it is so fun to live vicariously.

Shar is right, you are looking so pretty...growing up (not older, right?) totally agrees with you.