"Don't die of something stupid. You are beautifully and wonderfully made."
-Dr. Kenneth Cooper
For my Christmas present this year Bill gave me a week at Cooper Aerobics Center. I've been wanting to go again and was so excited for this opportunity! I loved the lectures and the exercise classes, especially Pilates and Spin, but I concentrated most on nutrition. I learned a ton of new things and am totally motivated to eat more healthy. It doesn't seem that difficult, not counting dessert mind you! I've used a few of the recipes this week and feel like such a good mom when I serve these healthy and yummy foods. I'd feel even better if all of my kids would eat them (!), but they don't eat the less healthy stuff either...What's a mom to do??
Creamy Salsa Dressing
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup fat-free mayo
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 TBs fresh lime juice
I promise it's wonderful, AND only 25 calories for 2 TBs!
Your welcome.
Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.
Edward Stanley, Earl of Derby (1826-93), British Statesman.
Edward Stanley, Earl of Derby (1826-93), British Statesman.
I should etch that quote in my bathroom mirror.

5 comments:
Ahh! we are lost in technology, i need to actually SEE you so we can talk about this awesome week! You around tomorrow?
That is a great quote. I have fallen off the exercise wagon and am having a real difficult time getting back on it. That dressing does sound yummy. Do you use it on green salad or just Mexican foods?
Lanie, I will text you, promise!
Luana, we used the dressing for salad, but now you've got me thinking...
Very cool, I wondered what you meant my Cooper and forgot to ask. :)
Hello my dearie, Sounds like things are going wonderfully for you! I've had a great first week back as well... Walking and cooking good stuff. I feel really good about it. A wonderful experience was only made better for me by having the opportunity to meet YOU! Take care of yourself and stay in touch. BTW... I'll be etching Stanley's quote in my bathroom mirror as well. XO, Nichole
Post a Comment