Friday, October 17, 2008

Charmed, I'm Sure

Dearest Michael,

What a splendid concert! Thank you for the many love songs and friendly banter. You have a beautiful voice (maybe you've heard) and a well um nice demeanor. I hope you understand about my not asking to see you after the show.

All My Love, A.


To my Readers:

"Ask to see him? What?!" You say. Well let me tell you an uneventful story...
As we (group of 4 fab women) were walking - no change that to sauntering through the Convention Center, a gentleman invited us to an after party at a club where Michael was staying. "Will Michael be there?" Beautiful Friend #1 asks. "Yes" says the gentleman, "but he won't be signing autographs or taking pictures."

Okay, whatever. On with the show.

As Michael charmed each of us over the course of the next couple hours, we decided to pay him a visit at the after party. Upon arrival at the hotel we lounged in 4 private armchairs in a dark corner of the lobby. As we were assessing the situation (girls in short skirts and super high heels trolling about) we had a great laugh at our ourselves. No way were we going to this after party!

About that time we met a band guy (the trumpet player, I think), who I must admit was pretty cute. He pulled up a chair and joined our little group and we actually had a really fun time talking together. Then something kinda weird happened - BF#1 told him very clearly that we were all Mormon and all married. He bolted 10 seconds later, claiming the Red Sox were playing. Must have been an important game.

Ah, that makes me giggle.

The only disappointment of the evening is that we couldn't find a Baskin Robins (that's an ice cream place Cousin Helen). See, I told you it was uneventful!

1 comment:

Sharlene Enloe said...

I so wish I was there with you. That sounds so great. I'm mucho jealous!